WatchOS 6 features
We expect apple to unveil WatchOS 6 at the company’s Worldwide Developer Conference in June. This update will bring an independent App store, new complications and more health focused apps.
According to the report, the WatchOS update will bring the App Store to Apple Watch devices, allowing users to browse and download apps without using the app on the iPhone.
Healthy Apple Watch
Apple is also said to be working on two new health-related apps for the Watch: one dubbed “Dose” inside Apple for pill reminders and another called “Cycles” to track menstrual cycles.
I also expect to see updated Health and fitness apps as iOS 13 rumours suggest improvements in this area.
Its getting complicated
Last year Apple added the ability to display more complications on Apple Watch 4. Now Apple will take advantage of that in WatchOS 6 with new Complications.
There will be one that shows the status of audio books, another showing the battery life of hearing aids, and others that show external noise and rain data.
WatchOS 6 rumoured features
Below are all the rumoured features coming to WatchOS 6 and Apple Watch.
- Voice Memos app
- Animoji and Memojis stickers that synchronise from an iPhone.
- Books app for listening to audio books
- Calculator app
- New ‘Dose’ app for pill reminders
- New ‘Cycles’ app for menstrual cycle tracking
- A complication that shows that status of audio books
- Complication that shows battery life of hearing aids
- A complication that measures external noise
- Complication for rain data
- A Gradient watch face that measures a gradient look out of colours you choose
- At least two new ‘X-Large’ watch faces that show a jumbo number
- ‘California’ classic watch face that mixes Roman numerals with Arabic numerals
- ‘Solar Analog’ watch face that looks like a sundial
- ‘Infographic Subdial’ that has extensive complication views like stock market or weather.
Don’t forget to subscribe to receive the latest on WatchOS and Apple. If you have a question or comment, then leave it below.