Polar Vantage to be released soon
It looks like the new Polar Vantage V and M fitness watches are around the corner. The Vantage series is the successor to the Polar V800 and based on recent leaks the release of this new watch from Polar is only around the corner and could come as early as October 2018.
Polar Vantage V and M watch rumour details
- What is it? Its the successor to the V800 and it will come in 2 variants the Vantage V and the Vantage M
- When is it out? The current thinking is the Polar Vantage will be released around October 2018
- What will it cost? Based on recent leaks the Vantage V will cost £499.99/$499 and the Vantage M will cost £280/$279
Polar Vantage specs and features
According to the latest leaks, the Polar Vantage will come in 2 versions, the first being the Vantage V which is the premium model and the Vantage M which is the entry-level model. Based on current information both models will come with the following features that are similar.
Polar Vantage M Specs & details
Vantage M will come in 2 different sizes. and will be available in black and white colours. But will not come with the Polar Precision Prime HR tech the Vantage V will have.
- GPS with barometer
- Optical HR sensor, but I am not convinced it will have the same optical HR sensor the Vantage V will have. But we will have to wait and see.
- Water resistance 30m (WR30M)
- Weight 81g
- Training load and Recovery Pro.
- Possible gorilla glass for both models
The Vantage M will be the entry-level model, but based on the specs the watch will be impressive. Although others like appelmoessite are reporting, I am not convinced that the Vantage M will come with Polar Precision Prime.
Polar Vantage V Specs & details
- Water resistance 30m (WR30M)
- Up to 40 hours of battery life with GPS and Optical HR sensor running, wow
- Measure running power from the wrist
- Polar Precision Prime optical HR monitor with both red and green LEDs (9*)+ 4 electrodes (only on the top end model at £549)
- Price €499,-
- Black, White and with a limited edition orange colour.
- Training Load & Recovery Pro
- Weight: 96g
Vantage V will come in 2 different sizes. and will be available in black and white colours with a special edition Orange version.
The Standout features will be;
- The new heart rate measurement will be done with Polar’s new technology Polar. Precision Prime. A technology combining optical HRM and measurement via skin contact. But this is only going to come with the high-end model at £549
- The 40-hour battery life including using GPS
- The running power measurement on the wrist.
Polar Vantage V pictures
Polar Vantage release date
Whilst no solid date is announced for the release of the Polar Vantage, I am putting the stake in the ground to say it is going to happen around October time based on a Polar Demo event has been confirmed, supposedly in the Netherlands, on the 3rd October in which units Polar Vantage units will be sold. Polar has also set up a micro-site to showcase the new Polar Vantage watch
Polar Vantage price
Based on a number of retailers the Polar Vantage M will retail for £279/$279 and the Vantage V will sell for £499.99/$499.
Polar Vantage V Price and Models
- Polar Vantage V – Black HR – €549,95 – This is the model that will come with Polar Precision Prime feature
- Polar Vantage V – Black – €499,95
- Polar Vantage V – White €499,95
- Polar Vantage V – Orange exclusive – €499,95
Polar Vantage M price and models
- Polar Vantage M – Black M/L – €279,95
- Polar Vantage M – Black S/M – €279,95
- Polar Vantage M – White M/L – €279,95
- Polar Vantage M – White S/M – €279,95
Remember to keep checking back to this page for more updates or leave a question below
Some information sourced via appelmoessite