We decided to take a trip our to Ouzoud waterfalls which is around 150KM from Marrakesh in a car. You can search trip advisor for transport getting there and don’t pay anymore than £35 GBP. The car drive is around 2 hours and will take you through the middle road of the Atlas Mountain and is certainly worth it as it will give you some amazing views.
My advise for you would be not to use a guide unless you really need to as the path is laid out and if you don’t like following paths then you could go down the steps and not do the full walk around. Either direction will give you great views of the waterfalls and allow you access to the boat rides.
Top tips when visiting
- If you take the full route around to the right then be prepared for some walking and wear appropriate footwear.
- You don’t really need a guide and most of them will want to take you via there “friends” stalls and services
- Go on a boat at the foot of the waterfalls, its a great experience. Don’t pay anymore than 30 DH
- Ask for a menu at the restaurants as you will be overcharged, we found this and its not a nice thing to happen.
- Haggle with the shop owners as the price will be 7 times the true asking price