Homemade energy bar
Are you active? Do you consume alot of energy bars? Do you think brand bars are expensive?The solution? Make your own.
A homemade energy bar wins on all counts: it’s tastier, healthier, fresher and a whole lot cheaper. Forget those overhyped fructose/glucose ratios, dried fruit and honey will provide all the sugar your muscles need, while nothing beats plain old oats for a sustained energy release.
Nothing beats an energy bar when fatigue starts to take its toll and the legs turn to lead. Too bad, then, that so many big-name products are little more than overpriced sugar bombs bulked out with cheap, processed fillers and with an ingredients label that reads more like a pharmacy’s stock list than anything resembling real food.
Protein pumpkin bar facts
- Prepared in 10-15 minutes
- Cooked in 30 minutes
- Makes 6 pieces
- Easy to make
Homemade Protein Pumpkin Bars Ingredients
- 100g Coconut oil
- 100g Honey
- 150g finely chopped dates
- 100g oats
- 45g cranberries
- 50g crushed, toasted almonds
- 40g pumpkin seeds
- 25g flax seeds
How to make the protein bars
- Melt the oil and honey together in a saucepan.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and mix together thoroughly.
- Transfer mixture to an 8in lined baking tray and press down until firm.
- Transfer to preheated oven and bake at 150°C for 25 minutes.
- Let the mix cool then cut into slices.