Before we get started, WatchOS 6 is a beta intended for developers. So, I just want to make it clear, you use this guide with no warranty. Using beta software can mess up your device and the following may happen
- Loss of data
- Random resets
- Apps may not work or crash
- The device may become bricked
- You cannot downgrade back to WatchOS 5 without taking it to an Apple shop.
In short, you are playing with a beta so don’t expect it to be without issues and bumps
How to install WatchOS 6 on Apple Watch – What you need
- You need your iPhone that is paired with your Apple watch running iOS 13
- WatchOS 6 beta configuration profile from Apple.
- Apple Watch that can is compatible with watchOS 6. The First generations are not.
Download and Install WatchOS 6 beta on an Apple Watch with a developer account
Remember – You need to have to be iOS beta running on your iPhone too. WatchOS 6 will not work with iOS 12 or below.
- Log into the Apple Developer Portal on the iPhone paired with your Apple Watch.
- Navigate to the watchOS download page.
- Tap ‘Download watchOS 6 beta Configuration Profile’
- When prompted to choose a device, tap iPhone’ then ‘Install
- Enter your Passcode, tap Install and then again to confirm.
- Tap ‘Restart’ to reboot your iPhone and complete the configuration profile installation.
- Once your iPhone has restarted, the watchOS 6 beta update should appear as an update option within the Apple Watch companion app.
- Update as normal
Install WatchOS 6 beta without a developer account
- Open up Safari on your iPhone
- Go to betaprofiles.
- Find the watchOS 6 Beta profile box and click on the link to download the WatchOS 6 Beta profile
- Install the WatchOS 6 Beta profile onto your iPhone and reboot.
- Open your Apple Watch companion app there’ll be an option to download and install watchOS 6 on your smartwatch.
Don’t forget to subscribe to receive the latest on new the WatchOS 6 software and Apple Watch. If you have a question or comment then leave it below.