Rumours are getting stronger for the Garmin Forerunner 945. Based on a recent leak, appears the new wearable from Garmin will arrive in April.
The fresh round of speculation has been fuelled by a post on the Garmin forums (which has since been deleted) by a user named @axlb. Whilst the post has been removed, a Reddit post has links to the image.
The above image also adds further support that an FCC filing is, in fact, the Forerunner 945 from the 1st March 2019.
Garmin Forerunner 945 features
Garmin released the Forerunner 935, so the Forerunner 945 will be an updated version. The Forerunner 935 offers more or less the same features as the Fenix 5, but with a more compact design.
So in order to keep up with the updated Fenix 5 Plus series, we should expect to see similar updates
- Garmin Pay (a given due to the image above)
- Garmin Music
- Maybe maps (I doubt it though)
- Updated Firstbeat features
- Premium GPS running/triathlon smartwatch with music
- Download songs to your watch, including playlists from Spotify, Amazon Music or Deezer (may require premium subscription with a third party music provider)
As more information is released, we will continue to update this article. in the meantime don’t forget to subscribe to receive the latest on the new Forerunner 945 release. If you have a question or comment, then leave it below.