This is Active JR promise to you:
- We do not take payment for product reviews. Ever.
- We select products for review based on what we believe our readers would want to know.
- We’ll tell you what we think, not what advertisers want you to hear.
- We say it as we see it. If it’s rubbish, we’ll warn you off.
- If a product doesn’t meet our high standards, we’ll tell you why.
- If you think we’re not living up to our promise, let us know via the contact page
Active JR Review Promise
Active JR reviews fitness tech, wearables, activity trackers and smart home tech and we use a common review scoring across all our reviews.
Our scoring system
We use a familiar percentage system for the overall score and break down the product into 5 key areas, in order to keep things recognisable and simple: the higher the percentage, the better.
How does the product look and feel? Is it well built or cheap to the touch?
Does it have the features and functionality that we expect/want?
How easy is it to use and get the most out of?
How well does the product work? Do all the features perform as they should?
Is the launch price good value when weighed against the other criteria?
What our percentage score means
- 90 – 100 – Top buy – I would buy this (probably have)
- 80 – 90 – Recommended – I would recommend this to family and friends (or buy it for them)
- 65 – 79 – Acceptable – Not first choice, (I would use it if my 1st/2nd choice was not available)
- 65 or below – Not recommended – (It’s going in the bin when the review is done)
What is a hands-on review?
‘Hands on reviews’ our first impressions of a piece of kit based on spending some time with it. It may be just a few moments or a few hours.
The important thing is we have been able to play with it ourselves and can give you some sense of what it’s like to use, even if it’s only an early opinion.
Last updated – 24/04/19